Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. This episode was sponsored by Hilton Garden Inn.
These spicy cucumber margaritas are refreshing, yet have a kick from the added jalapeños. Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites, presented by the Hilton Garden Inn.
For the drink:
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave (use more if you want a sweeter flavor)
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thick coins
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Optional garnishes: extra thinly-sliced cucumber rounds, extra jalapeño slices and/or lime wedges
For the sweet chili rim salt:
For the drink:
- Add tequila, lime juice, agave, orange juice and cucumber to a blender.
- Pulse for one minute, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain out the liquid into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the jalapeño slices (as many as you want for your desired level of heat), and muddle. (Note that the longer the jalapeños sit in the mixture, the more they will release their flavor, so heads up!)
- Add a handful of ice, and shake the mixture vigorously for a few seconds so that it gets chilled. Then, immediately strain it into serving glasses that have been rimmed with salt (see below), filled with ice, and topped with optional garnishes.
For the sweet chili salt rim:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and pour onto a flat plate.
- Run a lime wedge around the edge of your serving glass. Then, flip glass over and dip it into the salt until the rim is coated.
- Repeat with remaining glasses.
If you enjoyed making this drink, try making watermelon tequila shots next.
More from In The Know: