This creamy, powerful, iced coffee is made using a unique Vietnamese-style filter that brews the perfect cup every time. With the intense flavors of ground coffee combined with sweetened condensed milk, this iced beverage is as balanced as it is bold, and it’s the perfect way to kick off a summer morning. Are you ready to embrace your inner barista?
- 2 tablespoons of coarse, ground coffee (should be a roast suitable for espresso, the same type you would use for a French press)
- Hot water, almost to a boil
- 1 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk, to taste
3) Loosen the filter screw at least two full rotations, and pour hot water to the top of the filter. Cover, and let it sit until the water has gone all the way through the filter. (It should be about 5 minutes at the rate of 3-4 drips per second. If it’s faster, the coffee is too coarse. If it’s slower, the coffee is too fine.)
4) When water has passed through the filter, remove the filter from the glass.
5) Add ice, and pour the sweetened condensed milk into the glass.
6) Stir coffee and sweetened condensed milk together, and enjoy!
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you enjoyed this article, check out this recipe for crispy sweet potatoes with blistered cherry tomatoes and pistachios.
More from In The Know: