Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Everyone should have at least one amazing banana bread recipe, and this is ours. Made with chocolate chips, walnuts and a sprinkle of lime zest, it’s pretty hard to beat.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash three bananas (we like this simple potato masher). Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract, and combine until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Mix in 9 tablespoons of butter using a hand mixer.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients using a hand mixer.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, walnuts and lime zest to mixture. Stir until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a bread loaf pan and line the center with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the top is just golden brown and the center cooked all the way through.
- Serve and enjoy!
More to read: