Fans of What Do You Meme? are finally getting a chance to show off their love of the game with the latest TikTok and Instagram filters.
What Do You Meme? is the ultimate party game for anyone who lives on the internet. Created in 2016 by the same people behind @f***jerry, the card game asks players to match the silly caption cards in their hand with meme cards. It’s like Cards Against Humanity, but it uses memes instead of a lexical prompt.
Recently, both Instagram and TikTok debuted What Do You Meme filters that quickly became viral hits. One of the filters — the TikTok version — shuffles a deck of caption cards until it lands on a card that, according to TikTok users, proves that the FBI is always watching you because it’s so scarily accurate.
The other filter — the Instagram version — gives you a few captions, each of which you then have only a few seconds to react to. Every time you react, the filter creates your own version of a What Do You Meme card.
Below, we’ve outlined how to use both What Do You Meme filters.
How to use the What Do You Meme filter on Instagram:
- Go to the official @whatdoyoumeme Instagram page.
- Tap on the account’s filter icon, which is represented by a smiley face. (You can also access the account’s filters by swiping left on the grid 3 times.)
- Click on the “WDYM?” filter and press “Try It” in the bottom left corner. You can also save it to your effects by tapping the down-facing arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Record your video on Instagram, save it to your camera roll and upload it to Reels or TikTok!
(Note: You can also find the What Do You Meme filter on Instagram by searching for “What Do You Meme” in the “Browse Effects” option of your Instagram Story.)
How to use the What Do You Meme filter on TikTok:
- Open TikTok and press the “+” to start making a new video.
- Click on the “Effects” option in the lower left corner and then select “New.” Scroll to the bottom and locate the What Do You Meme filter.
- Click on the filter and start recording to use it!
- To bookmark the filter for future use, tap the bookmark symbol hovering above the effects pop-up before closing out to create your video.
(Note: You can also find the What Do You Meme filter on TikTok simply by typing “Caption This” in the search bar.)
If you enjoyed this story, find out why the “I hope I don’t fall” audio went viral on TikTok.
More from In The Know: