Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Beautiful, delicious, super simple, and fun to make, this eye-catching smoothie bowl comes with a chocolatey twist! Featuring a creamy fruit smoothie encased in a chocolate shell decorated with edible flowers, this recipe raises the bar when it comes to smoothie bowls. For a tasty treat that works well both as a breakfast and dessert, try this magic chocolate shell smoothie bowl!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 pkg acai smoothie base
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Place a large, heat-safe mixing bowl on top of the pot of boiling water.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in the mixing bowl and stir until they melt and become glossy.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the heat, then add a banana, frozen mangos, an acai smoothie pack, and coconut milk to a blender.
- Once blended, transfer the mix to a bowl and smooth over the surface using a spatula.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the smoothie bowl and use a spatula to spread the chocolate, completely covering the surface.
- Finally, garnish the smoothie bowl with edible flowers, then let the chocolate harden.
- Give the chocolate shell a good tap with the back of a spoon to crack it open, and enjoy!
More from In The Know: