Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
In this episode of In The Know Cooking: Kitchen Etc, content creator and chef, Tway Nguyen (@twaydabae), shares her ooey gooey take on the viral mozzarella donut trend, because there’s no such thing as too much cheese!
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup corn
- Kewpie mayo
- 30 grams cotija cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams flour
- First, melt the mozzarella cheese and corn in a skillet, making sure the corn is incorporated into the cheese.
- Once your cheese and corn is all melted, transfer the mixture into a donut pan.
- Next, pop your cheese and corn filled donut pan into the freezer for 15 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the egg wash, flour and Takis.
- Once the donuts have solidified in the freezer, remove them from their molds and coat them in the order of: egg wash, flour, egg wash, Takis.
- After you’ve coated your donuts, deep fry them in oil in a casserole dish for about 2 minutes. Use a deep fry thermometer to make sure the oil is around 380°F.
- Place your deep fried cheesy donuts on a cooling rack, and top with Kewpie mayo and cotija cheese crumbles once cooled.
More from In The Know: