YouTube couple faces serious charges after 24-hour ‘challenge’ at Target

A couple in Pennsylvania were surprised at the legal trouble they found themselves in after they tried to spend the night inside of a Target to film a YouTube video.

Johnson Larose and his girlfriend Charlotte Fischer co-run the YouTube channel called Saucy and Honey. The channel has more than 21,000 subscribers and features the couple doing viral challenges and pranking each other.

In one video that they posted on Feb. 21 titled “24 HOUR OVERNIGHT CHALLENGE IN TARGET (CAUGHT?!?),” Larose and Fischer filmed themselves walking into a Target 30 minutes before it closed and then hiding in order to stay at the store overnight.

“Guys do not attempt what we are attempting at home. We are entertainers. We are risking trespassing. I don’t know what else can happen after that. If we get a fine or get arrested, I don’t really know. I don’t really care,” Fischer said in the video.

Fischer added that they wouldn’t be stealing anything from Target and supplied their own water bottles and snacks, as well as wipes and mason jars, should they need to use the bathroom.

The couple set up a fort out of product boxes on the bottom of a shelf until the store’s lights went off and then they wandered around the aisles filming themselves.

Then, at 8 a.m. the next day, Larose and Fischer left Target.

In addition to uploading a video that showed footage of them in the Target after hours, Fox 29 Philadelphia reported that officers were called to the store at 3 a.m. the night they slept over after an alarm went off. Police said they searched the building but did not find anyone.

The next day, however, after learning about the alarm going off, Target employees watched security footage and saw a couple walking around the store after hours with their phones out — presumably Larose and Fischer.

“It became a little bit bigger of an investigation, trying to find out what they were doing, was there something criminal?” police detective Scott Pezick said at the time.

Security footage allegedly confirmed that Larose and Fischer did not take anything from the store. The footage also indicated that Larose and Fischer left through an emergency exit door at 3 a.m. — setting off the alarm — and then returned to the store at 8 a.m. to finish filming.

Now both Larose and Fischer are facing charges of third-degree criminal trespassing and conspiracy and were released on a $25,000 unsecured bail. Third-degree trespassing is when someone unlawfully enters or remains in or upon a premise that isn’t theirs — even if it’s a public place like Target.

For the time being, Larose and Fischer are not allowed to visit any Target stores in Pennsylvania and their next hearing is on March 24.

“I mean, no regrets, just living life and having fun, it’s kind of sad that all of this came out of it, we were expecting a fine, nothing crazy,” Fischer said, according to Fox 29.

More from In The Know:

Grab these stretchy, comfy, not-see-through black J.Crew leggings while they're on sale for just $22 today

The anti-wrinkle patches that went viral on TikTok are currently buy 1, get 1 50% off

Man claims he almost lost $300 to 'biggest scam on Venmo'

Mom shares hack to help teach kids 2 languages at once

Listen to the latest episode of our pop culture podcast, We Should Talk: