What if your favorite fried snack was actually healthy? If you’re craving a crispy fried snack that’s stuffed with meat and veggies, it’s time to try air fried egg rolls. Filled with ground pork, vermicelli noodles, mushrooms, and cabbage, this recipe is savory, tantalizingly crunchy, and absolutely delicious. As an added bonus, it’s surprisingly easy to make! For an easy, healthy snack, you can’t do better than these air fried egg rolls!
- 3 oz vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag (14 oz) coleslaw mix
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- 25 frozen egg roll wrappers, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Add the vermicelli noodles to a bowl, then cover them with steaming hot water and let them sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooled, use scissors to cut the noodles into smaller pieces.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of peanut oil, then add the ground pork. Sauté the pork on medium-high heat until brown, using a spatula to break it up into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Season the pork with ½ tsp of salt, then remove it from the heat and add it to the bowl with the vermicelli noodles.
- In the pan you cooked the pork in, heat 2 tbsp of peanut oil, then sauté the onion, mushrooms, and coleslaw mix on medium-high heat until they begin to soften. Season them with ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of black pepper.
- Add the veggies to the bowl with the noodles and ground pork, then toss them with the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Line up the thawed egg roll wrappers on a baking sheet, and place a bit of the filling onto the center of each one.
- Brush the edges of the egg roll wrappers with the beaten egg, then roll them up, starting at the corner.
- Air fry the egg rolls at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, then serve them up with some sweet chili dipping sauce!